Are you taking or re-taking your IELTS exam and hoping to gain a high score? Would you like to improve your academic writing skills? If so, this book is designed to help you.
Improve your Skills: Writing for IELTS 6.0-7.5 can be used for self-study or in the classroom with a teacher as part of a course. It can be used alongside other books or studied on its own.
- Barron’s Writing for the IELTS (Ebook)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook)
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (June – August 2017) & Suggested Answers (Ebook)
- IELTS Advantage: Listening & Speaking Skills (Ebook & Audio)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 12) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio
Successful academic writing is not just about practising a lot, although this helps! It requires you to do a number of things:
- comprehend the process of writing from the first stage (understanding Ihe question) to the final stage (proofreading your final answer)
- recognize and produce the style, features and formats typical of academic writing
- develop the appropriate range of vocabulary, expressions and grammatical forms associated with successful academic writing
- be familiar with typical contexts and topics
Scoring well in the IELTS exam additionally requires you to utilize a variety of exam strategies and techniques, applying the skills and knowledge you have developed to produce a strong answer
Working systematically through this book should support you in improving all these areas, helping you to understand the requirements of good academic writing then apply them effectively to achieve a higher score in the exam.
The content of the book:
Improve your Skills: Writing for IELTS is divided into 10 units. The topics are typical of those found in the exam, ensuring that you have an awareness of likely subject matter.
Each unit is subdivided into three parts: Task 1, Tksk 2 and a Practice test. There is an answer key at the end of the book, as well as sample answers for the Practice test questions.
Task 1: covers the vocabulary, structures and writing features required to answer the first task in the exam successfully. This means it highlights the necessary language content, including related structures and grammar It will develop your awareness of the processes of writing to support you in answering Task 1 questions more effectively. It will help you to understand the styles and formats of writing required. Throughout, it will provide practical exercises to give you practice applying this knowledge.
Task 2: repeats the process for the second task in the exam, developing the language, processes and skills needed to tackle this question. Each unit covers different aspects or formats required for Task 2 so that you are familiar with the range of task types which you may meet in the exam.
Technique boxes are found throughout each unit and are designed to give you practical tips and strategies on improving exam performance.
A Practice test is found at the end of each unit. Each Practice test gives you an example of both task questions, in the exam format.
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017