Impudent – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Impudent: (Adjective) /ˈɪmpjədənt/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
rude and showing no respect to other people
Cheeky, Tactless, Offensive
For IELTS Speaking:.
“On the cover was a picture on an impudent boy sticking out his tongue.”
“He was curious to remember where he’d seen that impudent young face before.”
For IELTS Writing:
“In a society still shackled by regulations and bureaucracy he was astonishingly impudent.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: accumulates, radical, tense, fluctuating, infrastructure, offset, biased, deviated, via, contemporary.
- The countries of Eastern Europe went through some fairly _______________ changes after the fall of communism.
- Most students feel _______________ before the speaking test.
- The value of the Canadian dollar has been _______________ between 80 and 82 cents American for the last few months.
- Despite its high economic growth rate, Laos remains a country with a primitive _______________; it has no railroads, a simple road system, and limited external and internal telecommunications.
- Scientific knowledge _______________ through empirical observations of the world around us.
- The Vancouver Art Gallery has an excellent exhibit of paintings by _______________ Canadian artists.
- The U.S. government has promised a large aid package to _______________ the cost of repairing the damage caused by the war.
- They flew to Japan _______________ Hawaii.
- When sampling a population, researchers may end up with an unrepresentative or _______________ sample unless the proper precautions are taken.
- Nevertheless, he somehow bribed his way out of hospital to shoot down an __________ intruder strafing his base.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017