Inevitable – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Inevitable – Adjective /ɪˈnev.ɪ.tə.bəl/
Certain to happen and impossible to avoid.
For IELTS Speaking:
” It was inevitable that I would take the vacation to enjoy myself after a long stressful week.”
” The company closure is seemingly inevitable.”
For IELTS Writing:
” Unfortunately, violence is the inevitable corollary of such a revolutionary change in society.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: inevitable, contradict, displaced, ambiguous, random, paragraph, guideline, virtual, terminated, inspect.
- The newly hired secretary had her contract _______________ after she was discovered stealing money from the coffee fund
- Before you begin painting, you should _______________ the walls to see if there are any holes that need to be filled.
- Cuts to the health budget seem to _______________ the premier’s promise to improve health care in our province.
- The ending of the movie was totally _______________. I guess we have to decide for ourselves what really happened.
- My daughter has a computer program with a _______________ pet cat that she feeds and plays with.
- You must follow the _______________ for essay writing to ensure your essay has the proper format.
- Olympic athletes are subject to _______________ drug testing.
- Your _______________ should have a good topic sentence.
- The accident was the ____________ consequence of carelessness.
- Hundreds of people and their homes were _______________ to make way for the new highway.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017