Legislation – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Legislation: (Noun) /lɛdʒɪsˈleɪʃ(ə)n/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
A law of set of laws
Law, Charter, Regulation
With adjective: current/ delegated/ environmental/ existing/ federal/ national/ new/ recent/ legislation
With verb: allow/ approve/ bring/ consider/ draft/ enact/ implement/ introduce/ oppose/ pass legislation
With preposition: legislation on/to
For IELTS Speaking:
“The government will introduce legislation to force brewers to list in ingredients in their beers.”
“It was a huge change when Russia passed legislation to allow the sale of private property.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Campaigners argue that poor countries faced with a health emergency have a right under international trade legislation to by generic drugs.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: policy, approached, finance, source, environment, individual, respond, create, legislation, benefits.
- The cat slowly _______________ the bush where the mouse was hiding.
- The government recently passed _______________ which prohibits tobacco advertising at sporting events.
- The _______________ of the river is somewhere in the mountains.
- The government has announced a special program to help _______________ new small businesses.
- The oldest _______________ to win a medal in the Olympics was Oscar Swahn, who won a silver medal in shooting at the age of 72.
- One of the _______________ of studying English in Victoria is that you have the opportunity to speak English outside of class.
- A department store spokesman says that their new outlet will _______________ more than 75 permanent jobs in the city.
- There are many things you can do in your everyday life to help protect the _______________, such as recycling or riding a bicycle.
- You must _______________ to our offer within 30 days or it will be withdrawn.
- It is the _______________ of our government that no one should be without food or shelter.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017