The Advanced Learners’ Grammar is a comprehensive advanced level grammar of the English language with cross-referenced practice exercises and a full set of diagnostic tests.
The Advanced Learners’ Grammar consists of:
- English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy with Answers (PDF & CD ROM)
- Advanced Grammar in Use with Answers
- Achieve IELTS Practice Test by Anthea Bazin & Elaine Boyd (Ebook & Audio)
- Idioms Organiser: Organised By Metaphor, Topic, And Key Word – Jon Wright
- 101 Helpful Hints For IELTS Academic Module: Practice Tests And Hints For IELTS.
- 36 diagnostic tests and a test key
- 36 units of grammar explanation with practice exercises
- double-page Round ups of key areas of grammar
- an answer key for practice exercises
The Advanced Learners’ Grammar is for students who are at or above the level of the Cambridge First Certificate Examination (or equivalent). It can be used by students preparing for the Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency or other similar examinations, or by advanced students who are not preparing for examinations at all.
In addition to describing traditional grammar ‘rules’, the Advanced Learners’ Grammar examines the close relationship between grammar and vocabulary in English. The grammar explanations cover areas such as multi-word verbs, prepositions and reporting verbs and many where grammar and vocabulary are closely linked; useful word lists, charts and Round ups are also included. The explanations highlight common errors and areas of potential confusion and explain the differences between British and American usage. The importance of context and levels of formality are fully described, and examples are given which reflect up-to-date, idiomatic speech and writing. Many of the examples have been taken from the BNC/Longman corpus. The Advanced Learners’ Grammar also contains units on text structure and discourse, as these areas are essential for the advanced student to develop beyond the confines of simple grammar and sentence structure.
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!