Metamorphosis – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Metamorphosis: (Noun) /ˌmetəˈmɔːrfəsɪs/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
a process in which something changes completely into something very different
Transformation, Evolution, Conversion
With verb: Undergo
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Within the chrysalis the insect undergoes complete metamorphosis.”
“Those lacking confidence in their own scientific skills and knowledge, are undergoing a metamorphosis with a 20-day course at Teesside Polytechnic.”
“When this imperceptible metamorphosis took place, it would not be long before another marriage was arranged.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Books and movies appear to be undergoing the same kind of metamorphosis worldwide that is transforming the music business.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: intervene, voluntary, simulated, dispose, file, chemical, priority, thesis, hierarchy, metamorphosis.
- I don’t like to work overtime because my number one _______________ in life is to spend time with my children.
- It took me some time to undergo the _____________ from teacher to lecturer.
- Nuclear power plants produce a lot of dangerous waste that they continually need to _______________ of.
- Abraham Maslow defined a _______________ of needs which motivate man’s behaviour.
- He did an analysis of the way children learn language for his Master’s _______________.
- At least 100,000 different _______________ reactions occur in the normal human brain every second.
- The government has so far refused to _______________ in the transit strike.
- Could you please _______________ these documents for me?
- Using virtual reality, doctors can experiment with new procedures on _______________ patients.
- The muscles make _______________ or in_______________ movement of the body possible.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.Me
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017