Name In Lights – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
“Portia Cole had always dreamt of having her name in lights.“
“She accepted the few badly-paid roles she was offered and continued to dream of having her name in lights.“
” I want to see my name in lights for writing this book.”
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“Jane practices tennis every day. She hopes one day she could _____________________”
A. have her name in lights
B. castles in the air
C. reinvent the wheel
D. made my hair stand on air
- Describe a famous person that you admire. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– Who he or she is
– What he or she do
– How you knew him or her
And explain why you really admire him or her
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017