Overdo – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Overdo: (Verb) /əʊvəˈduː/
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
to do something more than is suitable or natural
Overuse, Overplay, Exaggerate
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Use a few drawing and photographs, but don’t overdo it.”
“Analyst believe that worries about the economy are overdone.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Autumnal eyes are bold, obvious, slightly overdone, in deep, dark colours.”
Match these words and phrases with word below : gradually, recover, pace, overdoing, briskly, regular, recommendation, alternate.
- in a fixed pattern __________
- quickly _____________
- little by little __________
- a strong suggestion ________________
- speed _____________
- doing something to excess _____________
- get better _______________
- every second one _____________
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017