Plethora – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Plethora: (Noun) /ˈpleθərə/
a very large number of something, usually more than you need
Abundance, Excess, Plenty
A plethora of something
For IELTS Speaking:.
“The plethora of morning news and business shows can make certain stories round-the-clock assignments.”
“Despite a plethora of changes, the new models are just £295 more than the cars they replace.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Whatever the reason, the plethora of choices has increased the brutally competitive environment for fast-food restaurants in the past year.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: plethora, bulk, team, qualitative, concurrent, matures, norms, accommodate, route, diminished.
- Your left lung is smaller than the right to _______________ the space taken up by your heart.
- When a shrimp is first born, it is male, and it gradually evolves to female as it _______________.
- The gas company was able to _______________ the pipeline under our flower garden without having to dig up our yard at all.
- _______________ with his pop music career, Paul McCartney has also written an opera and a book of poetry, and put on an exhibition of his paintings.
- The wedding banquet included a ______________ of oysters piled almost three feet high.
- Beirut is a major seaport, and handles the _______________ of Lebanon’s imports and exports.
- A _______________ of doctors worked for over 12 hours to replace the baby’s diseased heart.
- Since this latest scandal, there has been a _______________ change in the public’s level of trust in the prime minister.
- The threat of war has _______________ now that the government has withdrawn its troops from the disputed territory.
- Playing games helps children to learn both social _______________ and social skills.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!