Procrastinate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Procrastinate: (Verb) /proʊˈkræstɪneɪt/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
To delay doing something that you ought to do, usually because you do not want to do it
Delay, Postpone, Put off
For IELTS Speaking:
“People often procrastinate when it comes to paperwork.”
“His successors were less committed and procrastinated interminably.”
“The judge procrastinated, but eventually the tabloids had their sport.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Just as she had put off ringing Livingstone until it was too late, so she procrastinated with regard to contacting Gwen.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: functional, consisted, underestimate, methodical, involvement, proceed, structural, assess, definition, procrastinate.
- The power station should be fully _______________ by the end of the year.
- The boys’ suppers for the three days they went camping together _______________ of hamburgers, chocolate bars and potato chips.
- The government has said that construction of the factory will not be allowed to _______________ until changes are made to reduce the impact on the environment.
- The police have as yet no proof of his _______________ in the robbery.
- The building suffered significant _______________ damage during the earthquake.
- She is very slow and _______________ in her work, but she certainly does an excellent job.
- The company is required to do an _______________ of the environmental damage that would be done to the area before beginning the project.
- Accordingly, we had to _____________, as we had done over the Supreme Soviet Deputies’ visit to Britain.
- Research shows that people usually _______________ the amount of time it will take them to learn a second language.
- According to anthropologists, there appears to be a universal _______________ of human beauty.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017