PURSUIT – Word Of The Day For IELTS Writing & Speaking
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
/pəˈsjuːt/ Noun Uncountable
- the act of following or chasing sb
- something that give you your time and energy to, that you do as a hobby
Synonyms: hobby, pastime
- with adj: successful, ruthless, vigorous, favorite, popular, active, energetic, indoor, leisure, academic, culture, educational, sporting…+ pursuit
- with prep: in pursuit of
- with phrase: the pursuit of a goal, the pursuit of happiness/knowledge/pleasure/truth/excellence/profit
- with verb: give pursuit
- people travelling around the country in pursuit of work
- He is engaged in the ruthless pursuit of wealth.
- He devoted his walking hours to the single-minded pursuit of his goal.
- The police gave pursuit.
- She travelled the world in persuit of her dream.
- We drove away with two police cars in pursuit (= following)
- I galloped off on my horse with Roise in hot pursuit (= follow quickly behind)
- She has time now to follow her various artistic pursuit.
- Engage in (v) to make someone or a group busy doing something
- Ruthless (adj) without pity or compassion; cruel; merciless
- Devote sth to sth/sb (v) to spend a lot of time or effort doing something
- Single-minded (adj) with your attention fixed on only one thing
- Gallop off (phrasal verb) to move, pass, or develop very quickly
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!