Restrict – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Restrict: (Verb) /rɪˈstrɪkt/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- Increase Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: response
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: circumstances
To limit or control the size, amount, or range of something.
Inhibit, Narrow, Restrain
With adverb: more/ severely restrict
With noun: restrict ability/ access/ activity/ amount/ area/ case/ choice/ development/ freedom
For IELTS Speaking:
“In future, we will restrict class sizes to 20 students.”
“Critics say some of those provisions unfairly restrict freedom of speech.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Much political theorising was, therefore, restricted to explicitly normative, comparisons of different forms of elite rule.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: design, range, itemized, perceived, conducted, restricts, administered, finalized, chapter, survey.
- His divorce marked the beginning of a new _______________ in his life.
- She was wearing a beautiful black dress with a _______________ of red roses down the side.
- In response to Indian nuclear weapons testing, Pakistan _______________ its own tests in 1998.
- We _______________ the contract this afternoon.
- Cigarette smoking is widely _______________ as being the most serious health issue in society today.
- We need to make up an _______________ list of everything required before beginning work on building the playground.
- Although we cannot count every star in our galaxy, we can take a _______________ in the region of space near our sun.
- A large fence _______________ access to the area.
- The Cayman Islands have been _______________ by Jamaica since 1863.
- Summertime temperatures in this region _______________ between 20 and 30 degrees.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017