Run In The Family – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
a lot of people in the family have that characteristic
“Jack and his father are both so tall too – tall men seem to run in the family.“
“My grandparents lived well into their nineties, andit runs in the family.“
“My brothers and I have red hair. It runs in the family.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“His father and uncle were basketball stars in college,so athletic ability _______________________.“
A. have her name in lights
B. castles in the air
C. reinvent the wheel
D. runs in the family
- Describe a member in your family that you like to talk with. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– Who he or she is
– How he or she looks like
– What you usually do when you meet he or she
And explain why you want to talk with him or her
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- IELTS Listening Practice Test 110 - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Vocabulary Booster Ebook – Artur Krotkov & Nadin Miles - November 23, 2016
- Advent – Word Of The Day For IELTS - November 23, 2016