Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
Cosy, Comfortable or safe
“After his cold and wet walk home through the storm, Robert warmed himself by the fire and soon was as snug as a bug in a rug.“
“Alan: Are you warm enough? Jane: Yes, I’m as snug as a bug in a rug.“
” During the blizzard, we had plenty of firewood and stayed in the cottage, snug as a bug in a rug ?“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“The bedroom in Aunt Jane’s house was cold, but after she wrapped me up in four or five quilts and put a stocking cap on my head, I was ___________________ and ready to go to sleep.“
A. head over heels in love
B. a bleeding heart
C. hit the nail right on the head
D. snug as a bug in a rug
- Describe a way to relax that you find effective. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:You should say:
- what you do
- where & when you usually do this
- who you usually do it with
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017
- Crack The Books – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 1, 2017
- Keep One’s Nose To The Grindstone – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - January 30, 2017