Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Improve Your IELTS Score – Topic : Knowledge and understanding
- Bring Something To Bear – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Be Out Of Element – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
- Live And Breathe Something – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS
- Delusions Of Grandeur – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking & Writing
Cosy, Comfortable or safe
“After his cold and wet walk home through the storm, Robert warmed himself by the fire and soon was as snug as a bug in a rug.“
“Alan: Are you warm enough? Jane: Yes, I’m as snug as a bug in a rug.“
” During the blizzard, we had plenty of firewood and stayed in the cottage, snug as a bug in a rug ?“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“The bedroom in Aunt Jane’s house was cold, but after she wrapped me up in four or five quilts and put a stocking cap on my head, I was ___________________ and ready to go to sleep.“
A. head over heels in love
B. a bleeding heart
C. hit the nail right on the head
D. snug as a bug in a rug
- Describe a way to relax that you find effective. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:You should say:
- what you do
- where & when you usually do this
- who you usually do it with
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017