Stimulate – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Stimulate: (Verb) /ˈstɪmjʊleɪt/
- Use Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: danger
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: condition
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Attitude
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Apology
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Answer
To help an activity to begin or develop further or encourage someone by making them excited about and interested in something.
Encourage, Inspire, Prompt.
With noun: Stimulate ability/acid/activity/body/brain/cell/circulation/demand/development/economy/effort/ government/growth/hormone/idea/imagination/industry/interest/investment/market/production/rate/release/research/ response/ secretion/system/tax.
For IELTS Speaking:
“Her interest in science was stimulated by her father.”
“An inspiring teacher can stimulate students to succeed.“
For IELTS Writing:
“Another part of the economy was stimulated by the need to provide a labour force to grow this flourishing crop.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: thesis, voluntarily, converted, priority, disposal, files, intervene, hierarchy, chemistry, stimulated.
- The boss was obliged to __________ in the dispute between the secretary and the receptionist because they weren’t getting any work done.
- My computer crashed, and I lost a bunch of important __________.
- The main __________ of this government is to get the economy back in good shape.
- New firefighters go through a series of __________ fires as part of their training.
- The hospital is responsible for the __________ of unneeded blood products.
- In March of 1995, the only Nigerian military ruler to have __________ handed over power to elected civilians was arrested.
- British society seems to have conserved a bit of the traditional class __________ which never really took hold over here in America.
- Her prof sent back her __________ with a few pages of recommendations for improvements.
- Pollution in our environment is actually changing the __________ of large bodies of water.
- During digestion, the starches and sugars in the food you eat are __________ to glucose, a sugar that your body uses for energy.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017