Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Involvement and interest
- The most Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Honesty and fairness
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Anger and irritation
To cause trouble
“When the entire family had gathered for Christmas, Uncle Henry came along and stirred up a hornet’s nest by quarrelling with Grandfather about spending so much money.”
“If you say that to her, you will be stirring up a hornet’s nest.”
“There is no need to stir up a hornet’s nest.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“His remarks about the lack of good women tennis players __________________________“
A. stirred up a hornet’s nest
B. a bleeding heart
C. hit the nail right on the head
D. snug as a bug in a rug
- Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:You should say:
- what the questionnaire/survey was about
- why you were asked to give your opinions
- what opinions you gave
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017