Take One’s Bow – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Authority and control
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Fear and Frustration
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic: Health, illness, and death
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Deception
- Common Idioms to Boost Your IELTS Score – Topic : Starting and stopping
to bow to the audience at the end of a performance; to receive praise, applause, and congratulations for an excellent performance
“Some of the children who acted in the school play were too shy to take their bow.”
“The audience cheered wildly when the dancers took their bow.”
“They finally took a bow for what they did.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
“He ________________ just as the curtains came down “
A. took a bow
B. throwing money down the drain
C. pay through the nose
D. a cash-flow problem
- Describe a concert that you have attended. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What a concert was
– When it happened
– Where it performed
And explain why you liked or disliked it
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017