The Gift Of The Gab – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking
The ability to talk fluently and confidently in the way that impresses people.
“He has the gift of the gab when I talk with him I almost forget the time.”
“It seems like the lawyer owns the gift of the gab when he persuades the court that his client is innocent.”
“Certainly, I don’t have the gift of the gab when I chat with girls.”
- The sentence given below contains an idiom. From the given alternatives, choose the one that best expresses the meaning of this idiom.
He has the gift of the gab.
a) He is gifted
b) He is a chatterbox
c) He is a good conservationist
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below:
My teacher can talk publicly for long hours without preparing for the speech. He definitely has ……………
A. The last straw.
B. The gift of the gab
C. A piece of cake
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- English Collocations in Use – Intermediate (Ebook) - May 26, 2017
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017