Throw Money Down The Drain – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS Speaking.
to spend money and get nothing in return
“If you don’t pass your college classes, we are throwing money down the drain.“
“You are just throwing money down the drain on that car. It constantly breaks down.”
“Don’t buy any more of that low-quality merchandise. That’s just throwing money down the drain.“
- Choose the suitable idiom to complete the sentence below.
” What a waste! Buying that old car is just ________________________. “
A. the prime of life
B. throwing money down the drain
C. my home away from home
D. a fair-weather friend
- Describe a thing that you have bought but you don’t like. Try to use this idiom in your speech. You should say:
– What it was
– When you bought it
– Where you bought it
And explain why you don’t like it
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Throw Money Down The Drain – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - January 20, 2017
- Squander – Word Of The Day For IELTS - January 20, 2017
- Intractable – Word Of The Day For IELTS - January 19, 2017