Undertake – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
Undertake: (Verb) /ˌʌndəˈteɪk/
to make yourself responsible for something and start doing it
Shoulder, Engage, Launch.
For IELTS Speaking:
“University professors both teach and undertake research.”
“The company has announced that it will undertake a full investigation into the accident.”
For IELTS Writing:
“The research intitiative is being undertaken by a group of environmentalists.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: concentrations, grant, parameters, dimensions. statistically, attitude, obviously, integrated, undertakes, projections.
- In February of 1996, Princess Diana of Wales announced that she would _______________ Prince Charles a divorce.
- The _______________ of the oil find are even greater than originally predicted.
- She really changed her _______________ once she understood how the others felt.
- Emile Durkheim hypothesized that the more _______________ individuals are into their society, the less likely they are to kill themselves.
- She is _______________ in love with him; she stares at him all the time.
- The Serengeti National Park has among the greatest _______________ of wildlife on the African continent.
- A Dutch proverb notes that he who _______________ many things at once seldom does anything well.
- _______________, travelling by air is the safest means of transportation.
- The head office is responsible for defining the _______________ which guide policy decisions at the local level.
- Our sales _______________ for the next year anticipate a steady growth of at least 5%.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017