Valid – Word Of The Day For IELTS Speaking And Writing
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: problem
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: person
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: occasion
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: memory
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: luck
Be legally or officially acceptable.
Legitimate, Credible, Official
With noun: valid ticket/ name/ passport/ signature/ vote/ reason/ argument/ claim/ excuse/ criticism/ comparison/ conclusion.
With adverb: equally/ only/ perfectly/ statistically/ still valid
For IELTS Speaking:.
“Your return ticket is valid for three months”
“If you do not already hold a valid passport, application forms may be obtained from the Post Office.”
For IELTS Writing:
“Perhaps women choose this style because it fits with their own, perfectly valid interactional or social goals.”
Choose the following words to fill in the blank: valid, rely, excluded, located, deduce, specific, initially, philosophical, convened, component.
- In the future, we will have to __________ more on alternate energy sources.
- The world’s first female prime minister __________ came to power in Ceylon in 1960.
- By studying the handwriting, experts were able to __________ that the author of the ransom note was a left-handed Asian woman.
- Representatives of a number of countries __________ last month, and formalised agreements on free trade.
- The housing complex is conveniently __________ near a shopping plaza.
- We can describe most things in our environment at a variety of levels of abstraction, from very broad and general categories, to very narrow and __________ terms.
- The holiday message from the school principal __________ all references to religion.
- Research suggests that there is a strong, subjective __________ to the perception of beauty.
- My grandfather is very __________ about his illness; he certainly doesn’t want to die, but he says he has lived a long life, and isn’t afraid to go.
- My parking pass is only __________ for another week.
Check out Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & Writing on IELTS Material website to improve your vocabulary for IELTS and get a high score in IELTS.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Huy Quoc (see all)
- Fall From Grace – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 7, 2017
- Stir Up A Hornet’s Nest – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 5, 2017
- Snug As A Bug In A Rug – Idiom Of The Day For IELTS - February 3, 2017