ATTRIBUTE – WORD OF THE DAY FOR IELTS WRITING & SPEAKING
Attribute (Verb) /‘ə’tribju:t/
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- Increase Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: response
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: circumstances
Meaning: regard something as being caused by (someone or something)
- mainly/directly attribute something to somebody/ something
- be commonly/generally/widely/attributed to
For IELTS speaking: She mainly attributes her success to a little of luck and hard work.
For IELTS writing: The drop in numbers of road casualties is generally contributed to the new laws.
Keep polishing up your vocabulary for IELTS. You are guaranteed to get a high score in IELTS if you have a proper grasp of vocabulary because it makes up 25% of your mark in IELTS writing and speaking, and also plays an essential role in IELTS Listening & Writing.
Therefore, always keep an eye out for our daily post: Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing.
I hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions please let me know in the comments below or on the Facebook page.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by Ba Nguyen (see all)
- Word Of The Day – Chronic - July 30, 2016
- Word Of The Day – Candid - July 29, 2016
- IELTS Accommodation Vocabulary: Useful Phrases & Expression In IELTS Speaking - July 28, 2016