Novice – Word of the Day (for Speaking and Writing Task 2)
Novice (noun) /ˈnɒvɪs/
a beginner | a person who is new and has little experience in a skill, job or situation
Synonym: tyro, neophyte
- I’m a complete novice at IELTS
- He was accepted as a novice at the age of sixteen, and sent to pursue his studies at the College Louis le Grand in Paris.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 in September 2016 & Sample Answer - October 23, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Gradable & Ungradable Adjectives - October 10, 2016
- Advanced Grammar for IELTS: Common Adverb+Adjective Collocations - October 9, 2016