Oblivious – Word of the Day (for Speaking and Writing Task 2)
Oblivious (adjective) /əˈblɪviəs/
not aware of something
Synonym: heedless, unmindful
- He seemed oblivious to the fact that his wife was on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
- The couple seemed oblivious to what was going on around them.
- This government is totally oblivious to the need for international cooperation.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests from June to December 2016 & Model Essays (Updating) - November 24, 2016
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in November 2016 & Model Essay - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in July 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Argumentative Essay - November 17, 2016