Prestige – Word of the Day (for Speaking and Writing Task 2)
Prestige (noun) /preˈstiːʒ/
the high reputation and respect that someone or something has earned, based on their impressive achievements, quality
Synonyms and related words:
reputation, standing, track record
- This year’s outstanding tournament will do a lot to restore the competition’s prestige.
- The move was designed to enhance his personal prestige.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 2) & Band 8.5 Sample - March 30, 2017
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Digital Communication & Sample Answers - March 30, 2017
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 87 Topic: A time you miss an appointment - March 29, 2017