Velleity – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
VELLEITY [vuh-lee-i-tee] (noun)
Meaning: a mere wish not strong enough to lead to the slightest action
Synonym: volition | mere wish
Collocation: velleity towards
- I always display the utmost velleity toward my homework
- Achieving Band 9.0 for the IELTS test is only my velleity
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests from June to December 2016 & Model Essays (Updating) - November 24, 2016
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test in November 2016 & Model Essay - November 23, 2016
- IELTS Writing Actual Test in July 2016 & Band 8.0+ Sample Argumentative Essay - November 17, 2016