Velleity – Word of the Day for IELTS Speaking & Writing
VELLEITY [vuh-lee-i-tee] (noun)
Meaning: a mere wish not strong enough to lead to the slightest action
Synonym: volition | mere wish
Collocation: velleity towards
- I always display the utmost velleity toward my homework
- Achieving Band 9.0 for the IELTS test is only my velleity
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS SPEAKING PRACTICE TEST 42 & BAND 8.0 SAMPLE ANSWERS - January 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Practice Test 34 (Task 1 & 2) & Sample Answers - January 10, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 1, 2) in January 2017 & Model Essays - January 10, 2017