Vicissitude – Word of the Day ( Vocabulary for IELTS Speaking & IELTS Writing )
VICISSITUDE (noun) /vi´sisi¸tju:d/
A change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: promise
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: Belief
- Boost Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: report
- Increase Your IELTS Score with Collocations – Key Word: response
- Using Collocation to Boost Your IELTS Score – Key Word: circumstances
Synonym: variation, fluctuation, ups & downs, change
Collocation: the vicissitudes of life | the vicissitude of seasons | the vicissitudes of fortune
He had the ability to change with the times and to share the vicissitudes of opinion.
The professional writer has to undergo a wide range of sad vicissitudes.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Actual Test in India & Model Answers - November 30, 2017
- IELTS WRITING TASK 1 IN 2017 WITH SAMPLE ANSWERS - November 29, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Aging Population & Model Answers - November 29, 2017