Free download 16 Lessons for common IELTS speaking topics (with Vocabulary, Collocations and Idioms)
For each lesson, vocabulary, collocations, and idioms for 16 topics (relationship, business, etc) are highlighted and provided the meanings.
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 83 – Topic: Describe A Movie You Recently Watched
- IELTS SPEAKING PART 1: Questions and Sample Answers
- Ten food idioms that are right under your nose to help score Band 8.0+
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 75 – Topic: Describe a Game/ Sport
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 67 – Topic: Describe a Skill
Have a look at IELTS topic vocabulary lessons, including 16 topics as follows:
1 -Books And Films
4 -Town and City
8 -Physical Appearance
14 -Fashion and Clothes
Each lesson contains 3 Speaking Parts: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
For example, for Relationship topic, the lesson for part 1 is:
Examiner: Do you see your friends very often?
Louisa: Yes … we meet up most weekends … we all get on really well and have a lot in common so we’re always happy doing the same things and going to the same places.
- to get on well with: to understand someone and enjoy similar interests
- to have a lot in common: to share similar interests
Examiner: What do you like about your close friends?
Anna: I think we enjoy each other’s company … we see eye-to-eye on most things so we rarely fall out with each other.
- to enjoy someone’s company: to like spending time with someone
- to fall out with: to have a disagreement and stop being friends
- to see eye to eye: to agree on a subject
Examiner: Have you known each other long?
Amy: Most of them yes … although my closest friend Carrie … we struck up a relationship at college and got on like a house on fire … but yes … my other friendships go back years to when we were at school.
- to get on like a house on fire: to like someone’s company very much indeed
- to strike up a relationship: to begin a friendship
- to go back years: to have known someone for a long time
For each lesson, vocabulary, collocations, idioms for 16 topics (relationship, business, etc) are hightlighted and provided the meanings.
Free download 16 IELTS Speaking Topics here:
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!