- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 83 – Topic: Describe A Movie You Recently Watched
- 55 NEW IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics for IELTS Exam (September – December, 2016) & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
19. Describe one of your best (= one of your close, or good) friends.
You should say:
who this person is
who long you have known them (= him or her)
Or, How you first met
what you do together
and explain why you think this person is a good friend
When it comes to talking about my friends, I’d like to talk about Bess. She is my best friend. We are the same age and she is only two days older than me. We studied in the same school, so we had many opportunities to communicate with each other. She is a good looking and outgoing person. We have many of the same hobbies. We both like reading books and watching films, then we exchange our own opinions about the books and films. We had many fun times together. She is good at cooking. Every time I went to her home, she would cook many tasty dishes for me. She likes to research all kinds of cookbooks and cook programs, while I don’t like to cook at all. She is patient to play with kids and help them. She takes part in a charity organization, she regularly goes to the disabled children school to read all kinds of fairy tale books to children. I feel proud of her. Although both of us are pretty busy with our jobs, we still meet each other once in a while. Whenever I am in trouble or in hardship, she is always there with a helping hand and encouraging words. I do appreciate having this friend.
20. Describe a family (not your own family) that you like.
You should say:
where this family lives
who the members of the family are
how you know them
what each person in this family does in life (student/work/retired etc.)
and explain why you like this family.
When I was a sophomore in college, I made acquaintance with a girl at my age in another department.We soon became good friends and occasionally she invites me to her place. Thus, I get the chance to meet her whole family.
Her family is not very rich nor powerful but I like them because they are happy and care for each other. The father is always going on a business trip around the country but whenever he returns back home, the mother prepares for dinner, picks him up in the airport while receives the gifts he brings. Actually, the father is the stepfather of the girl, but as she told me, he treats her even better than her own dad does.
I like the family also because it is quite democratic. For example, they always take an annual trip together but unlike most families where father or mother takes the lead, they pick up the destination through family discussion. And then , they share tasks like booking hotel and designing routes and planning intended traveling spots.
In a word, I like the family because they own happiness and mutual respect.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!