- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers
- IELTS Cue Card Sample 83 – Topic: Describe A Movie You Recently Watched
- 55 NEW IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics for IELTS Exam (September – December, 2016) & Band 8.0 Sample Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Sample with Audio: Activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
11.Describe a new skill you would like to learn.
You should say:
what skill (= what you would like to learn to do)
where you would learn it (or, where you think would be the best place
to learn it)
how difficult you think it would be
and explain why you would like to learn this skill.
Band 8.5 Model Answer:
I’d like to talk about a new skill that I want to learn. I’m the kind of adventurous person who enjoys the challenge of learning new things, whether it is a new sport or a skill that would be useful to me.
I would like to have the skills to set up my own website. Probably the best place to learn to do this would be online, using a distance-learning course run by a university, which I could take free of charge. I wouldn’t need to travel and I could complete the course at my own pace in my spare time.
Although there would be a lot to learn, I already use computers all the time, so I think that I could pick up the basics quite quickly. With practice, I would become more creative and able to incorporate new features on my website.
Of course, I imagine that I would find the course interesting, but I have a practical reason for wanting to master this skill. I have recently started my own company, selling sports goods, so it would be a really cost-effective and attractive way to advertise my products.
- adventurous: [adjective] willing to take risks and try new ideas.
Example: My friend is very adventurous and she loves to try the local cuisine when we travel to other countries.
- challenge: [noun] a new or difficult task that tests someone’s ability or skill.
Example: It will be a big challenge to pass my final exams.
- set up: [phrasal verb] create or start something.
Example: The government has set up a new clinic in the city centre.
- distance learning: [noun] a system of education where people study at home with the help of special Internet sites, and e-mail work to their teachers.
Example: Although he lives in the countryside, he is able to take a distance learning course to qualify as an engineer.
- at my own pace: [expression] at the speed which is best for me.
Example: She prefers to study alone, so that she can work at her own pace.
- pick up: [phrasal verb] get information or a skill quite easily, without too much work.
Example: I picked up a lot of English during my visit to New York.
- creative: [adjective] able to use skill and imagination to produce something new.
Example: The advertising company employs a creative team to think of new ideas and designs.
- incorporate: [verb] to include something, so that it then forms part of something else.
Example: The teacher incorporates music into his English lessons, to make them more enjoyable.
- master: [verb] learn or understanding something completely.
Example: I was never able to master the French language when I was at school.
- cost-effective: [adjective] giving the best possible results for the money and time spent on something.
Example: Using more security cameras in public places is a cost-effective way to reduce crime.
- attractive: [adjective] having features or qualities that make something seem interesting or pleasant.
Example: My flat is opposite some attractive gardens, which are full of trees and flowers.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!