Get a 7.0+ for IELTS Writing Task 1 by Using 6 Sentence Structures to Compare Numbers
- 1 Useful sentence structures for IELTS Writing Task 1
- 2 IELTS Writing Recent Actual Test (Task 2) 2020 with Sample Answers-Ebook
- 2.1 Below are useful high – level sentence structures which you can utilize to get a higher score for IELTS Writing Task 1.
- 2.2 Related Posts:
Useful sentence structures for IELTS Writing Task 1
A rich variety of sentence structures is one of the most important key to get a 7 or higher for your grammar score in IELTS Writing Task 1.
As far as you know, you will most likely be given a graph, chart, diagram or table to write about.
Firstly, you have to choose the most important figures/features to write about and make a comparison among them to meet Task Response requirement in IELTS Writing Task 1.
Below are useful high – level sentence structures which you can utilize to get a higher score for IELTS Writing Task 1.
1. As / Whereas/ While X verb, Y verb (at the same time).
- While the figure for factories in Japan went up dramatically to 120,000 in 2010, the quantity in Korea plummeted to 12,000 at the same time.
2. Clause, followed by + Noun Phrase
- There was a dramatic growth in the number of factories in Japan to 120.000 in 2010, followed by a sharp decrease to 1,000 in 2015.
3. Clause, prior to/before Verb-ing
- The number of factories in Japan experienced an increase to 120,000 in 2010, before hitting a free fall to 1,000 in 2015.
4. Clause, after Verb – ing
- The figure for factories in Japan hit a free fall to 1,000 in 2o15, after undergoing an increase to 120,000 in 2010.
5. In comparison to/with X, which verb, Y verb.
- In comparison with the number of factories in Japan, which witnessed a dramatic increase to 120,000 in 2010, the quantity in Korea plummeted to 12,000 at this time.
6. X verb, Verb-ing, (which verb).
- The quantity of factories in Japan went through a period of dramatic increase to 120,000 in 2010, exceeding the number in Korea, which had only 12,000.
As can be seen, the sentences above all contain numbers which you must include in your Task 1 Writing to get a 7.0
in Task Achievement.
Plus, they all use high-level vocabulary, most assuredly earning an 8 or 9 in that category.
To see more about IELTS Writing Task 1, click here.
To get more latest posts from our blog, please subscribe us or like us on Facebook..
Also check :
- IELTS Writing tips
- IELTS Writing recent actual test
- IELTS Writing Answer sheet
- IELTS map vocabulary
- IELTS Grammar
- IELTS Grammar books
- English Pronunciation in use Intermediate pdf