Describe a piece of information that you think is not correct/ Describe a time when you got wrong information
- what information
- where you heard/read this information
- when you heard/read it
- and explain why you think it is incorrect.
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- IELTS Band 8 Sample: Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time
Wrong information is something we simply cannot avoid in life. I remember this one time when I got wrong results for one of my IELTS tests.
Apparently there’s a 13-day wait before the result is out, and almost every test-taker feels nervous, hopeful and worried at the same time during this period. I was no exception. I did pretty well and was hoping for an 8.5. So you can imagine how disappointed I was when I received a message from the test organiser (IDP) first thing in the morning telling me that I got a THREE. A freaking THREE.
I wasn’t overconfident and I knew I couldn’t have gone lower than 7. So I immediately called IDP and complained. They soon admitted that there was a ‘systematic issue’ and would come back to me soon with the latest information.
I needed to wait for a further 2 weeks to get the result, and luckily this time I got what I wanted.
I think the lesson is that if you get some wrong and bad information, try to be calm and find a way to deal with it.
- What kind of job need giving information?
- How can someone tell if the information they receive is right or wrong?
- Would you say people trust the information that is found online?
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!