Sample answer 10:
In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Today’s economical situation leaves no doubt for both parents to go out to work. In any case the effects of this behavior on children is of a great importance. In this essay I will support the fact that how this phenomenon benefits the children economically, mentally and socially.
Many people are more concerned about childhood depression or family imbalance as some disadvantages of this situation. One serious threat in such as situation is that parents might gradually forget the most basic and genuine need of their children which is sentimental care. In a simple word, children might be forgotten while both parents are busy with their daily work life. Moreover, many people may suffer from family imbalance which is due to the fact that they cannot harmonize their work and life together. This is a situation which directly degrade a child’s life. As a wost case example, I can say such an event may lead to parental separation eventually which has a huge impact on a child’s life. However, I think most of mentioned situations can be moderated if parents act wisely.
I believe that parents can make more money and bring more prosperity for the whole family if they both work. As a result they can put their children in a better social condition. For example parents can now afford to send their children to language schools which is a result of good family financial condition. Another advantage of this situation is that children can mentally learn that work is an important part of life. Therefore, they intuitively repeat their parents’ pattern when they grow up, so they can pay it forward to their next generations. Last but not least, children can also take benefit of that socially because they have been grown up in a family in which both parents were socialized.
In conclusion, I think the idea of both parents attend in professional work brings more advantages to the children in contrast to its flaws. Financial situation of the whole family will be improved, children can learn hard-work from their parents and also it has many benefits for the parents themselves.
(410 words )
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!