Sample answer 11:
In modern world, women are no longer supposed to stay at home and take after their children like they used to do in the past. It is normal for both parents to have their own job nowadays. As a result, there is a warm controversy among people about whether both parents go out for work or they should give top priority to bring up their kids.
In my opinion, I think children from family where both parents work may have some certain advantages. First, children are taught about self-awareness and responsibility in their young age, which is really helpful in the future when they start their life without their mom and dad. For example, a child whose parents give too much concern for might be homesick or even shock when they first going far from home like studying in another cities or overseas; meanwhile, an independent kid will have no difficulty in managing their life when they have to live on their own. Second, children can also benefit from extra income if both parents has an occupation.
However, “Every coin has its two sides”. Parents’ regular absence from home can also cause consequences. Sometimes children have problems with their homework and they need their parents’ help, also children may be with bad friends and commit a crime. Moreover, there are various jobs which require going out a lot for appointments and events that parents cannot pay fully attention to their kids in many aspects such as education, health care or entertainment.
To sum up, I believe that both parents should go out to work. They must know how to keep a balance between work and family so that they will not only be a great worker with valuable contribution to the society but also be a good father and mother for their kids.
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!