Sample answer 9:
Competitive life has placed such a financial burden on many families that it is hard to live on one parent’s salary. While some believe that both parents’ income is beneficial for children, I would argue that it is parental support that plays an important role in their life.
On one hand, having more than one breadwinner in a family is advantageous for some reasons. First, it is possible for parents to carry out more satisfactory and rewarding childcare. Children in rural areas, for example, are unfortunately denied the chance of going to school because parents’ income is limited. However, these privileged children whose parents are usually economically successful are more likely to succeed in future career. Further, taking care of themselves without parental support is also a good way to develop essential life skills such as self-protection.
While the benefits of having additional income may be true to certain extent, I strongly believe that the lack of family bond due to parents’ absence may pose some threats to their children. First, they are not adequately provided with love and care from their birth givers. Parents who are under tremendous time pressure at work are not sensitive enough to notice any changes in teenagers’ mental life and thus, unable to share their story. In other words, they may feel more distant from the family and become isolated or even autistic. Parents can also lose control over their children considering little amount of time spent with them. As a result, they are likely to indulge in several social evils such as game-addition or drinking.
From the above-mentioned reasons, it seems to me that it is more essential to build a strong family connection in comparison with a financial state. Therefore, parents’ work should be distributed in order to spend more time with their children
(302 words – WRITTEN BY TRINH CAM PHUONG)
THIS TEST IS COLLECTED & IMPLEMENTED BY IELTSMATERIAL.COM
( Free IELTS Practice Tests – Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking Test|
IELTS Exam Preparation – Free IELTS material and resources.
Download IELTS Preparation Material & Tips)
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!