- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers
- AcademicIELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in September, 2015) & Band 9.0 Model Essay
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic (in April, 2015) & Band 9.0 Sample Essay
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Argumentative Essay of Band 8.5 – Topic: Crime
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic 04
The increase of crimes committed by young people is just one of the consequences of the way our society is evolving. In my opinion, the reason is precisely in the way children grow both at home and at school, where the lack of adults support often means to a child the need to learn by himself how to behave with people.
First of all, it is important to realize how the relationships between students and teachers have changed through the last decade, since the introduction of electronic devices in our everyday life. The massive use of such devices, like smartphones, is influencing not only the way a child behave with people, but also the way he thinks and approaches everyday situations. In this sense, a child using too much electronic devices could develop the idea that school is unuseful because he can learn whatever he needs from the internet, avoiding listening to the teacher.
Secondly, we should consider how the role of parents has changed after technology revolution. Before computers were created for leisure purposes, children used to spend more time with parents or relatives once at home after school lessons. Therefore, they used to acquire information mainly from other people they knew very well. Electronic devices have stolen time to adults and children, weakening the relationship they had among each others. The result is that many children prefer to learn new things by using the internet instead of asking to relatives and spending time with them, as it was for centuries in human history.
All these things considered, I strongly believe that the way people changed their approach to social relationships is badly affecting the growth of nowadays children. This lack of social and emotional learning will have really negative effects on tomorrow adults, with consequences difficult to predict.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!