In IELTS Speaking Part, you are certainly asked some Yes – No questions or whether you agree or disagree upon a specific topic.
Here are some variations to give you opinion (agree – disagree). There are many more, my suggestion is to choose those that you feel most comfortable with.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
Agreeing with an opinion
We use these words and phrases to agree with someone else’s point of view:
- You’re absolutely right.
- I couldn’t agree more
- Yes, I agree.
- I think so too.
- That’s a good point.
- I don’t think so either.
- So do I.
- I’d go along with that.
- That’s true.
- Neither do I.
- I agree with you entirely.
- That’s just what I was thinking.
Partially agreeing with an opinion
We can use these words and phrases to partially agree with someone else’s viewpoint:
- I see your point but…
- I see what you are getting at but…
- I go along with that view to a point, but…
- That’s one way of looking at it, however…
Disagreeing with an opinion
We use these words and phrases to disagree with someone else’s point of view:
- That’s different.
- (I’m afraid) I don’t agree with you.
- I see things rather differently
- You could be right, but…
- I’m not so sure about that.
- I agree up to a point, but…
- I’m not sure that I go along with that view…
- That’s not entirely true.
- On the contrary,…
- That’s an interesting idea, but…
- I don’t really agree with that idea..
- It’s unjustifiable to say that…
- Actually, as a matter of fact. I think..
- I’m sorry to disagree with you, but…
- That’s not how I see it.
- Yes, but don’t you think…
- That’s not the same thing at all.
- I’m afraid I have to disagree.
- I completely disagree.
- I must take issue with you on that.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (May – August) & Sample Answers - October 20, 2018
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!