Describe an activity you would do when you are alone in your free time
You should say:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 in 2019 – Topic: Describe a time when you received money as a gift
- Band 9 Part 2 & 3 Sample with Audio – Topic: Describe a film or TV show that made you laugh a lot
- Band 9 Part 2 Sample – Topic: Describe a skill you need long time to learn
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample in 2019 – Topic: Describe something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS Speaking Test in the US – July 2018 & Model Answers with Audio
- What do you do
- How often do you do it
- Why do you like to do this activity?
- How do you feel when you do it?
I’m going to tell you about my love for reading. Ever since I was a child, I’ve always been more of the introverted type and have loved to have my face buried (expression for someone reading) in a book. Since my parents often fought when I was a child, I felt that it was an escape from reality. Moreover, I am also really into writing and I think it’s impossible to be a great writer without reading. Through reading books, I can bask in (deeply enjoy; get lost in) the literary geniuses of the book and find inspiration for my own books in the future.
I read every single day. Actually, I can’t recall a single day in my life that I didn’t read. Sometimes I feel as if books are my entire life. Whether the book is my taste (preference) or not, the suspense always kills me (not knowing what will happen next is exciting) and I cannot stop flipping the pages to find out what happens next. However, duty calls (responsibilities call) and I must go to work at the boutique from 10-6 Monday-Friday, so I have to pull myself away from my books during that time. I usually get up around 7am and read a bit before work then come home, have dinner, and get lost in a book for the rest of the evening.
As I mentioned, books are a great escape for me as I feel my life is quite mundane (boring; uneventful). Moreover, I really find deep joy in analyzing the literature, such as the character development, plot, archetypes, etc. I feel like my best self when I read; I feel I stretch my mind to new dimensions. Furthermore, reading sends me into a tranquil state. After a busy day at work, opening a book is the best way to unwind (relax). On another note, I feel quite exhausted conversing with others all day at work so I feel quite rejuvenated (fresh) when I’m finally at home in my den in my happy place. Moreover, I feel that people who read have more interesting things to talk about so I often find myself in engaging (exciting) conversations with co-workers and customers at the boutique throughout the day. All in all, reading is everything to me.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics 2020 with Model Answers - January 7, 2020
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!