IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Letters / Handwriting
1. Do you like to write a letter or email?
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
In today’s age, I much prefer writing an email. With a mail system that cannot be trusted, a letter is just out of the question (not an option) sometimes. I love that email is immediate and that you can know for sure if the recipient has viewed it or not. However, there is still a certain charm about receiving a hand-written letter.
2. Do you think emails are useful?
Very! They are major time savers. They replace meetings and phone calls. They are a quick, easy way to send information and share links, which cannot easily be done over the phone. Furthermore, I have more courage to say things over email that I would be too shy to say in person or over the phone; I like having the extra time to think about the exact words. As I’m not much of a phone talker (don’t like talking on the phone), I’m grateful for emails!
3. Do you think email might one day replace handwritten letters?
Absolutely! It’s already on the way there. For example, when I got hired at my last company, I was able to sign all documents via email instead of sending in a letter or doing it in person. I think many companies are following this trend now.
4. What sorts of letters (or emails) do you think are the most difficult to write?
Complaints for sure! As I prefer to avoid conflict and am sensitive to other’s feelings, I find this to be the most difficult. However, emails and text messages make it much easier. As I may be speaking to someone with a native language different than my own, another challenge is finding just the right words (the exact words) to say in this situation. I once had to fire an employee over email and it was very painful for me!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!