IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Hometown
1. Please describe your hometown a little
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Sample – Topic: Reading
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 in 2018 – Topic & Questions: Politeness & Band 8.0 Sample
- 2017 IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Patience & Model Answers
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic : do you like Running
Where do I begin? My hometown is marvelous. It was the heart of (the center of) the Inca Empire, and is home many ancient Inca ruins, especially Machu Picchu. It lies at 3,100 meters up in the mountains. You can do a lot of trekking, site seeing, visit incredible natural landscapes, etc. It’s a perfect mixture of the ancient and modern world.
2. How long have you been living there?
I was born and raised in Cusco. I’ve lived there for my entire life, except for when I went to Lima, the capital city, to study my Bachelor’s Degree. After that, I needed to escape the hustle and bustle (noise from a big city) and come back to my lovely town.
3. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
I love that it’s a mix between the ancient and modern world. Furthermore, I like the mix of the indigenous (native people) and Spanish influence. Sometimes it feels like I’m walking in the shoes of the Incas. Furthermore, there is definitely a warm, friendly feel to the town which makes it a pleasant place to live.
4. Would you like to live there in the future?
Although my city is magical, I would consider moving somewhere else in the world. I think sometimes people become too accustomed to (used to) their daily routine. So, perhaps when and if I have a family, I would consider moving to another country in South America or to Spain. It would be our adventure!