IELT Speaking Part 1 Topic: Weather
1. What kind of weather is typical in your hometown?
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
It’s a jungle climate, so it’s quite hot all year long. During wet season, it is extremely humid and sticky. For many, the climate is hard to take. For me, I’m used to it. I don’t even sweat profusely (sweat a lot).
2. How many seasons are there in your place?
Two seasons- wet and dry. They each last about half the year. In wet season, there are downpours (extreme, heavy rain) and it’s generally humid and sticky. In dry season, it is a dry heat. I find dry season to be a lot more comfortable although the flora in wet season is more impressive.
3. What is your favorite season?
I would say dry season. It’s difficult to get around during wet season during a downpour since our culture is to go around by motorbike, not to mention that the streets flood easily. All in all, it’s a hassle (annoying or difficult). So, I much prefer the dry season since it’s a dry, more bearable heat.
4. What kind of weather do you like most?
If I could choose, I would say about 28 degrees, dry, with a cool breeze. This would be ideal whether to go for a motorbike ride around the countryside or lie out on the beach. Since I don’t like extremes, this would be perfect for me.
5. Do you prefer dry or wet weather?
Dry! As I said before, heavy rain becomes a hassle in my city. Moreover, the dry heat feels a lot more comfortable, as the humidity is nearly unbearable in this part of the world at times.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!