Sports/ Physical Exercise: IELTS Speaking Part 1
- 1 1. Do you like to watch sports on TV?
- 2 2. Do you play any sports?
- 3 3. Which is the popular sports in your country?
- 4 4. Who is your favorite sports star?
- 5 5. What kinds of sports would you like to try in the future?
- 6 6. Do you do any physical exercise?
- 7 7. Do young people in your country like to do exercise?
- 8 8. Do you think people are keen on doing physical activity? Why?
- 9 Related Posts:
1. Do you like to watch sports on TV?
Not at all! In fact, despise (hate) it. I get extremely bored and disinterested. I usually try to avoid watching sports on TV at all costs unless it’s an exciting event, like the World Cup or Super Bowl. In that case, I go for the social event rather than the game itself.
2. Do you play any sports?
Not anymore. I was an avid (enthusiastic) swimmer as a child, but I gave that up after high school, as it was quite time-consuming. Nowadays, I enjoy going to the gym, running around the lake by my house, and going on mountain treks. I’m not sure if these are considered sports, but I’m really into physical activity.
3. Which is the popular sports in your country?
Soccer of course! As soccer is the sport of the world, that would be number one. People go wild when our team wins a game- they even drive around waving flags, blocking off the streets! Apart from this, many people enjoy playing tennis and doing martial arts.
4. Who is your favorite sports star?
As I’m not a big sports fan, I don’t really have one. However, I think I may like Cristiano Ronaldo. Although I don’t know anything about him or his athletic abilities, I think I’ve always been drawn to him (attracted to) because of his looks.
5. What kinds of sports would you like to try in the future?
I find soccer really intriguing. I think it’s something that can really connect people, as well as being good cardiovascular and coordination activity. Actually, I wish I had gotten into it as a child. I think it would be interesting to join a league in my city.
6. Do you do any physical exercise?
You could call me a couch potato (a lazy person who sits on the sofa a lot. “Couch” is another word for sofa). I’m naturally thin without any exercise, so I’m quite lazy when it comes to exercise. I do go for mountain hikes, but I should definitely do more to gain muscle.
7. Do young people in your country like to do exercise?
Gyms are not very popular in my country because of the cost, but I would say that people get their fair share of exercise everyday because of the hills in the city. Many people climb a mountain to their home every single day! I used to live in a house that was unreachable by car and a total of 200 stairs to get there!
8. Do you think people are keen on doing physical activity? Why?
Well, I think they are quite accustomed to it. I don’t think they would be too keen on going to the gym, but they really enjoy going on mountain hikes. Since our religion is based upon the Mother Earth and the Mountain Gods, these treks are a spiritual journey.
Also check :