Part 1 Topic: Films
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Band 9 Sample – Topic: Social Network
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic with Model Answer – Topic: Driving
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Island with Sample Answers
1. Do you like watch films?
Absolutely! They are an excellent way to unwind (relax; free your mind). Moreover, my friends are reallt into films, so it’s a fun, relaxing way to spend time together. Afterwards, we discuss and debate the film that we have just watched. Apart from just relaxing and enjoying the film, I like to delve deeper (get to the deeper meaning) to discover the subliminal messages.
2. What kinds of movies do you like best?
Well, I would say I’m still a kid at heart (a person who still feels like a child in their heart), so I really enjoy watching kids’ movies. Although they seem simple and innocent, there are often many life lessons packed into these films. Moreover, I’m really into drama and historical movies. When I watch these, I feel that I can more deeply understand human emotions and re-live historical moments, like the Vietnam-America War or World War II.
3. Do you prefer foreign films or films made in your country?
Since my country doesn’t have a huge film industry, I’ve always been really into American films. Not to knock (to insult; discredit) other film industries, but American ones are incredibly entertaining and well-made; the evolution of film continues to amaze me. Moreover, I only watch films in English so it helps me to learn new slang and expressions.
4. How often do you watch films?
Well, I am quite a busy bee (a busy person), but I manage to see about one or two films a week at home. After a long day of studying, I love snuggling up (getting comfortable with blankets) on the sofa and watching a film to unwind. I tend to do this on Friday and Sunday evenings with my friends.
5. How often do you go to a cinema to watch a movie?
Not too often actually. As the prices in my country are quite high, I usually opt to (choose) watch a movie at home instead to save on costs. Actually, I think it’s kind of a waste of money to see a movie at a cinema when you can watch it from the comfort of your living room. I only go when a friend invites me, which is maybe 4 times a year.
6. Do people in your country like to go to a cinema to watch a film?
I would say so. Since people like to go out with their families on the weekends, this is often an activity that they would choose. Moreover, teenagers enjoy this activity as a way to get out of the house. Furthermore, it’s often a popular date option for many people!
7. What was the first film that you watched?
Hmm it’s hard to say the first, but I think it was the Lion King. I know it first came out in the early 90’s when I was a child. It was my absolute favorite- I used to watch it repeatedly until my parents were really tired of it! I even built “pride rock” out of rocks that I found when we would go to visit my relatives who have a garden.
8. Do you like to watch movies alone or with your friends?
Both! On one hand, I find it extremely relaxing to chill out and fall asleep to a film by myself, but it’s also enjoyable to have company. So, all in all, I prefer films with friends, since they are also into film. Afterwards, we can discuss the meaning and carry on inside jokes (jokes among friends) from quotes from the film later on!
9. Would you like to be in a movie?
Not one bit! As I have stage fright (fear of being on stage), I would never have the guts (never be brave enough to) to do it. Secondly, I feel awkward when I try to act and I have the memory of a goldfish (short memory) so I know I could never memorize my lines! All in all, acting is simply not my thing.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!