IELTS test takers must have a command of English vocabulary that applies to many different situations and contexts.
This book offers students extensive practice in vocabulary building and correct English usage, with emphasis on 600 English words that relate to specific categories that appear frequently on IELTS exams. These categories include nature and the environment, leisure activities and hobbies, the arts and culture, transportation, health, tourism, business, technology, social issues, and education.
Author Lin Lougheed presents exercises that teach ESL students how to decipher the meanings of countless new words by reading or hearing them in relation to the context in which they are used. All activities are formatted like the actual questions on the IELTS exam and provide extra test practice. Dr. Lougheed suggests helpful strategies for learning and retaining word meanings. He also offers tips on analyzing unfamiliar compound words to determine their meanings and he includes vocabulary expanding exercises with answers in every chapter. Also included are recommendations for Web-based self-study activities. The enclosed MP3 CD presents exercises in listening comprehension.
- Extensive practice in vocabulary building and usage
- Emphasis on 600 words that appear frequently on the IELTS
- Vocabulary list grouped into thematic categories that appear on the IELTS (including nature and the environment, leisure activities and hobbies, the arts and culture, transportation, health, tourism, business, technology and more
- Includes MP3 files for all listening comprehension exercises
You can also learn daily by getting access to Quizlet, an amazing website providing you with vocabulary flash cards, an effective study technique which will improve your learning.
FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
It was amazing
It is excellent. Interesting and enjoyable when reading topics while enriching my vocabulary.
A good book for who wants to prepare for IELTS.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- Recent IELTS Question in 2018 & Band 9 Model Answer - April 9, 2018
- Recent IELTS Essay Question in 2018 with Model Essay - April 6, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Part 2, 3 Topic: Interesting Conversation/ Speech & Sample Answers - April 5, 2018