Cambridge IELTS 13 Academic Student’s Book with Answers (Book + Audio CD) : authentic examination papers
- 1 Cambridge IELTS 13 Academic
- 2 IELTS Actual Tests Questions (January - April 2021) with Answers
- 3 Sample Unit from ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’
- 4 FAQs
- 4.1 Is ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ for Academic or General module?
- 4.2 What does the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ contain?
- 4.3 Are the practice tests of the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ on par with the real IELTS exam?
- 4.4 How far does the practice tests in the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ help?
- 4.5 How does the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ help in the writing section of IELTS?
- 4.6 Related Posts:
Cambridge IELTS 13 Academic
‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ contains four authentic IELTS examination papers from Cambridge Assessment English and provides excellent exam practice.
The Student’s Book with answers allows you to familiarise with the IELTS tests and provides you with practice examination techniques using authentic tests. It contains four complete tests for the Academic candidates. An introduction to these modules is included in the book, along with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge Assessment English. There is also a comprehensive section of answers and tapescripts found at the back of the book. Audio CDs containing the material for the Listening Tests, and a Student’s Book with answers with downloadable Audio are sold separately.
- Test 1
- Test 2
- Test 3
- Test 4
- Audio scripts
- Listening and Reading Answer Keys
- Sample answers for Writing tasks
- Sample answer sheets
Marking The Practice Tests
Listening and Reading
The Answer Keys are on pages 118–125. Each question in the Listening and Reading tests is worth one mark.
- For questions where the answers are letters or Roman numerals, you should write only the exact number of answers required. For example, if the answer is a single letter or numeral you should write only one answer. If you have written more letters or numerals than required, the answer will be marked wrong.
- Answers may be written in upper or lower case.
- Words in brackets are optional – they are correct, but not necessary.
- Alternative answers are separated by a slash (/).
- If you are asked to write an answer using a certain number of words and/or (a) number(s), you will be penalized if you exceed this. For example, if a question specifies an answer using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS and the correct answer is ‘black leather coat’, the answer ‘coat of black leather’ is incorrect.
- In questions where you are expected to complete a gap, you should only transfer the necessary missing word(s) onto the answer sheet. For example, to complete ‘in the …’, where the correct answer is ‘morning’, the answer ‘in the morning’ would be incorrect.
- All answers require correct spelling (including words in brackets).
- Both US and UK spelling are acceptable and are included in the Answer Key.
- All standard alternatives for numbers, dates, and currencies are acceptable.
- All standard abbreviations are acceptable.
- You will find additional notes about individual answers in the Answer Key. Writing sample answers are on pages 126–135. It is not possible for you to give yourself a mark for the Writing tasks. We have provided sample answers (written by candidates), showing their score and the examiner’s comments. These sample answers will give you an insight into what is required for the Writing test.
The Practice Tests have been checked to ensure that they are of approximately the same level of difficulty as the real IELTS test. However, we cannot guarantee that your score in the Practice Tests will be reflected in the real IELTS test. Practice Tests can only give you an idea of your possible future performance, and show you the areas on which you should improve on.
IELTS Actual Tests Questions (January - April 2021) with Answers
Sample Unit from ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’
The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies, and other familiar topics.
Example : Television programs
• Where do you usually watch TV programs/shows? [Why?/Why not?]
• What’s your favorite TV program/show? [Why?]
• Are there any programs/shows you don’t like watching? [Why?/Why not?]
• Do you think you will watch more TV or fewer TV programs/shows in the future? [Why?/Why not?]
Describe someone you know who has started a business.
You should say :
- who this person is
- what work this person does
- why this person decided to start a business
- and explain whether you would like to do the same kind of work as this person.
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes. You have one minute to think about what you are going to say. You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Discussion topics :
Choosing work – Example questions :
- What kinds of jobs do young people not want to do in your country?
- Who is best at advising young people about choosing a job: teachers or parents?
- Is money always the most important thing when choosing a job?
Work-Life balance – Example questions :
- Do you agree that many people nowadays are under pressure to work longer hours and take less holidays?
- What impact do people with a poor work-life balance, have on society?
- Could you recommend some effective strategies for governments and employers to ensure people have a good work-life balance?
Also check :
- IELTS Books
- IELTS preparation books
- Advanced English Grammar in Use
- The key to IELTS Success pdf
- Official IELTS Practice Materials
- IELTS Practice Test Plus 3 pdf
Is ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ for Academic or General module?
It is for Academic module.
What does the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ contain?
It contains four complete tests for the Academic module. An introduction to these modules is provided in the book, along with an explanation of the scoring system used by Cambridge Assessment English. There is also a section of answers and tapescripts found at the back of the book.
Are the practice tests of the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ on par with the real IELTS exam?
The Practice Tests have been thoroughly checked to ensure that they are of approximately the same level of difficulty as the real IELTS test.
How far does the practice tests in the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ help?
Practice Tests in the book can only help you to measure your exam preparedness, and show you the areas on which you should improve on.
How does the book ‘Cambridge IELTS 13’ help in the writing section of IELTS?
There are sample answers (written by candidates), showing their score and the examiner’s comments. The sample answers will provide ample guidance on what is required for the Writing test.