In IELTS Speaking Part 2 the examiner gives a cue card or a task card in which the topic will be written. Based on the topic you have to speak for 1-2 minutes. Here the examiner will check about your ability to talk on the topic given, develop the ideas related to the topic, and the usage of relevant grammar and vocabulary. In this test, you are getting a chance to show the examiner how well you can speak for a long period of time. Speaking for 2 minutes seems like a shorter period but if you have not practiced it before then it may seem forever. That is why it is advisable to practice the speaking test by recording yourself and reviewing your speaking.
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics 2020
- 40 IELTS Speaking Part 2 Tips, Questions And Band 9 Sample Answers
Steps in IELTS speaking part 2 exam
- The examiner will give you a cue card in which the topic is given and also what are the points that you should mainly focus on is also given. The topic given will be related to personal experience.
- The examiner will only give you one minute to prepare after giving the topic. You have to create an idea regarding the topic. A paper and pencil will be given to the test taker and he is supposed to pen down the ideas.
- Soon after your preparation of one minute, the examiner will ask you to speak about the given topic.
- You need to speak continuously without a gap or pause. While speaking the examiner will not interrupt you, he/she only nods in order to encourage you.
- Soon after the 2 minutes get over the examiner stop you and asks you a few questions on what you spoke, you have to give short answers for the same.
Assessment Criteria of IELTS Speaking Part 2
There are 4 criteria based on which your IELTS speaking part 2 is assessed:
Fluency and Coherence
While speaking the examiner checks how fluently you can speak forming a proper sentence, by using proper grammar and vocabulary. Hesitating for language at times is acceptable but not all the time.
While speaking IELTS Speaking part 2 you need to make use of a variety of languages using idioms and proper vocabulary. This means flexible usage of language.
You must also make proper usage of grammar in the sentence so that the sentence looks meaningful and structured. Errors in the grammar must be avoided.
While speaking you need to pronounce the word clearly which is understandable by the examiner. When you are using a big word you must stress it while speaking. Speaking too fast may also reduce your scores because you may finish the 60 minutes exam just in 45 minutes and using of given time is very important.
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics
Here are the list of IELTS Speaking Part 2 topics.
- 100 IELTS speaking part 2 topics in 2016 2017 sample answers
- 47 IELTS speaking part 2 topics for IELTS exam may august 2016
- 50 IELTS speaking part 2 3 topics 2020 with model answers
- 52 IELTS speaking part 2 topics 2017 model answers
- 52 IELTS speaking part 2 topics for IELTS exam september december 2016 band 8 0 sample answers
- band 9 sample for IELTS speaking part 2 in 2019 topic describe a time when you received money as a gift
- IELTS speaking part 2 3 band 9 sample topic happy marriage
- IELTS speaking part 2 3 topic interesting speech sample band 9
- IELTS speaking part 2 band 9 sample topic describe an important event that you celebrated
- IELTS speaking part 2 in 2017 topic english lesson
- IELTS speaking part 2 in 2018 topic sport match band 9 sample answer
- IELTS speaking part 2 topic favorite clothes band 9 sample
- IELTS speaking part 2 topic tv drama series model answers
- IELTS speaking part 2 topics 2017 model answers
- IELTS speaking part 2 topics 2017 sample answers
IELTS Speaking Part 2 Samples
Here are the list for IELTS Speaking part 2 Samples answers.
- 40 IELTS speaking part 2 tips questions and band 9 sample answers
- Band 8 0 sample answers for 10 IELTS speaking part 2 cue cards
- Band 9 sample for IELTS speaking part 2 describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample a quiz program or game show on tv
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample a time when you got up early
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample a water sport you would like to try
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample an occasion when vehicle broke down
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a healthy lifestyle you know
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a prize you want to get
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a singer that you like
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a time you found something someone lost
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a time you gave advice to others
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample describe a tv program that made you laugh a lot
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample something you do to help you study or work
- IELTS speaking part 2 sample you invited family or friends to have dinner