Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people/ Describe a time you taught a young person how to do a thing. You should say:
- what you taught;
- who you taught it to;
- why you taught it to this person;
- and explain how you felt about it.
As an English teacher and an interpreter, I sometimes take on the role of a tour guide. So when I have friends coming for a visit, I’ll take them to some of the most famous places in my city.
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
- Describe a piece of information that you think is not correct
Just last month, a friend of mine who comes from a different part of my country took his kids here. They were all excited to see my city and were particularly interested in historical places, which they’d all read about in textbooks but hadn’t had the chance to visit in person.
On the first day I took them to ABC, which is the first university of my country. The place is situated in the centre of our capital, its architecture typical of the feudal times, looking very distinct from the modern buildings in its surroundings.
At the entrance we noticed people in traditional clothing offering calligraphy service. My friend decided to ask for some ‘lucky phrases’ to bring home.
Passing the gate, we started walking down the main path and arrived at a temple where people can wish for luck before exams. There were also stone turtle steles lining the walls. It is said that if you touch their heads luck will come to you during your exams. But in recent years these heads have been touched so much that they are now off-limits. I specifically warned them not to do that.
By Le Minh IELTS Band 8.5
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!