IELTS SPEAKING PART 2
Describe an unusual/ an unforgettable meal
You should say:
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a present you received which was made by hand
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample: A time you invited family or friends to have dinner at home or restaurants
When was it
Where you had the meal
What happened during the meal
And explain why it was unforgettable
Sample by IELTS High Scorer
Well, the meal I’ve decided to talk to you about was a farewell dinner of a good friend of mine, because he was about to go off to Canada for a few years to start university there, so he invited a few of his close friends for dinner before heading off.
And one of the reasons I’ve chosen to talk about this meal instead of some of the others I’ve been to is simply that it’s still quite fresh in my memory. You know, it was only about a couple of weeks ago when it happened. And it was a really nice restaurant that we went to, definitely one of the best in the city. So I was kind of relieved that it wouldn’t be me footing the bill.
Anyway regarding what we ate, well I couldn’t tell you every single dish that we had, because there was just so much, you know, the whole table was covered with food. I mean, there was crab, chicken, duck, what else, um,……oh yeah, shrimps, and, uh…..oh and a whole load of different vegetables. So by the end of it, I was absolutely stuffed.
But anyway, finally, in terms of how I felt about the meal, well to put it simply, I really enjoyed it, because as well as the food, which was fantastic, I really enjoyed everyone’s company. You know, it was great being together with so many good friends, many of which I hadn’t seen in quite a while.
So yeah, all in all, it was a really special evening, and I’m extremely grateful to my friend for his generosity, as the bill must have come to quite a lot.
IELTS SPEAKING PART 3
Describe what you think is a healthy diet?
A good diet includes a variety of foods from the basic food groups. It should provide enough calories to ensure desirable weight and also it should contain all the necessary daily nutrients.
Are there many vegetarians in your country? Why do you think some people choose to be vegetarians?
Although I’m not a vegetarian, I still believe it’s good to eat more vegetables and fruit. Some vegetarians eat veggies because they believe animals shouldn’t be killed and some just for the sake of health. I think either reason is worth doing. If we think about how many animals are killed because of our need for meat, we might feel sad for our deeds. When we learn all the benefits that veggies can bring us, we’ll also feel happier to eat them more.
Is the food that people eat today different to the food that people used to eat in the past? If yes, in what ways has it changed?
In the past, the choices of foods were limited but the foods were fresh and people could rest assured of its quality. So it’s not surprising our ancestors enjoyed greater longevity than us. In the present time, we have chances to taste various foods of different cultures and nationalities, being unique and delicious in their own ways. Even so, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be as there have been many reported cases of food poisoning, especially in developing countries, where food safety is a pressing concern.
Is ‘fast food’ popular in your country?
Nowadays, workers have to work extra hours while students have to burn the midnight oil revising and reviewing for their exams. As a consequence of this, they can’t manage time to have a decent meal rich in vitamins and minerals. Instead, they have no choice but go to buy some take-away at some fast food restaurant and then get back to their work and study. So fast foods are gaining in immense popularity because after all, the more developed a country becomes, the less nutritious the citizens’ diet is.
More and more people are becoming overweight nowadays. What do you think might be the causes of this?
Well to be honest, I would have to admit that the youths nowadays are leading a health-damaging lifestyle because of the fast-paced lifestyle and pressure. To be more precise, workers have to work extra hours while students have to burn the midnight oil revising and reviewing for their exams. As a consequence of this, they can’t manage time to have a decent meal rich in vitamins and minerals. Instead, they have no choice but go to buy some take-away at some fast food restaurant and then get back to their work and study.
Do you or, do people in your country generally prefer to eat at home or eat out?
If you ask me, I’d say that by and large, the folks in my nation would show a greater preference for home-cooked meals. The reason behind this is the fact that food safety is quite a pressing issue and people are becoming increasingly aware of their health conditions. As a result, the chances are that they would directly go to the market or supermarket, choose the raw materials and cook the dishes on their own. Having said that, some people are quite up to their ears in work and would rather order a meal at a restaurant instead.
How important do you think it is for members of a family to eat together?
I have to admit that it’s extremely vital that family members spend their time together at the dinner table. The most obvious explanation for this is that this can strengthen family bonds and help the whole family get on well with one another. To be more specific, during a meal, they can share their stories and trouble in life, receive valuable advice to sort out their problems. At the end of the day, people can build a close-knit family and forget about all the difficulties in their life.
Why do some people not always eat with their family?
I personally feel that a number of factors are responsible for why some people in modern society refuse to have a meal with other family members. One of the reasons is the lack of time caused by increasing pressure from work or study. A case in point is that my high-school friend often spends more than 8 hours a day studying that he can hardly manage any hour for eating with his parents.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!