Task 1: The table shows the amount of money given in aid of technology of developing countries by charities in the US, EU and other countries from 2006 to 2010.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018 – Technology with Model Essay
- Recent IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018: Technology & Band 8.0 Model Essay
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
Paraphrase: shows>illustrates; the amount of money>how much money; given>donated; from 2006 to 2010>in the period 2006 to 2010.
Summary/overview paragraph: (1) total aid increased (2) US charities gave most money.
Paragraph 3: trend for total aid; share of total aid from US charities.
Paragraph 4: compare trends for aid from EU and other Countries.
The table illustrates how much money was donated to developing countries in the period 2006-2010, by US and EU charities, to support technological development.
Overall, it is clear that total aid increased during this period. US aid was considerably higher than that from other donor countries.
There was a significant increase in the total aid given, from $15.7 billion in 2006 to $24.3 billion in 2009, rising sharply to $30 billion in the following year. US charities provided most of this money, with a rise in aid each year from $9.7 billion in 2006 to reach a peak of $22.7 billion in 2010.
However, contributions from other charities also increased. In EU countries, charities gave $3.3 billion in 2006 and then aid grew slowly to $3.8 billion in 2008, followed by a slight fall in the next year, before rising again to reach $4 billion at the end of the period. Charities in other countries also provided increasing aid. Despite a similar fluctuation to EU charities in the amount given each year, donations went up from $2.7 billion in 2006 to reach $3.3 billion in 2010.
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- 50 IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions with Suggested Answers (PDF) - February 28, 2019
- IELTS Reading Recent Actual Tests Vol 6 (Ebook) - February 27, 2019
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam in Saudi Arabia – Feb 2019 with Band 9 Model Answers - February 25, 2019