Task 1: The table shows the amount of money given in aid of technology of developing countries by charities in the US, EU and other countries from 2006 to 2010.
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018 – Technology with Model Essay
- Recent IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic in 2018: Technology & Band 8.0 Model Essay
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
Paraphrase: shows>illustrates; the amount of money>how much money; given>donated; from 2006 to 2010>in the period 2006 to 2010.
Summary/overview paragraph: (1) total aid increased (2) US charities gave most money.
Paragraph 3: trend for total aid; share of total aid from US charities.
Paragraph 4: compare trends for aid from EU and other Countries.
The table illustrates how much money was donated to developing countries in the period 2006-2010, by US and EU charities, to support technological development.
Overall, it is clear that total aid increased during this period. US aid was considerably higher than that from other donor countries.
There was a significant increase in the total aid given, from $15.7 billion in 2006 to $24.3 billion in 2009, rising sharply to $30 billion in the following year. US charities provided most of this money, with a rise in aid each year from $9.7 billion in 2006 to reach a peak of $22.7 billion in 2010.
However, contributions from other charities also increased. In EU countries, charities gave $3.3 billion in 2006 and then aid grew slowly to $3.8 billion in 2008, followed by a slight fall in the next year, before rising again to reach $4 billion at the end of the period. Charities in other countries also provided increasing aid. Despite a similar fluctuation to EU charities in the amount given each year, donations went up from $2.7 billion in 2006 to reach $3.3 billion in 2010.
Latest posts by (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics 2019 (Sep 2019 – April 2020) & Sample Answers - August 20, 2019
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio - May 4, 2019
- Cambridge IELTS Series (1 – 14) for Academic and General Training Modules - April 22, 2019
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites - February 27, 2019
- 101 IELTS Reading Past Papers With Answers - January 23, 2019
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) with Model Answers - December 25, 2018
- Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS Series (1 – 14) Student’s Book with Answers with Audio [Latest Update] - December 21, 2018
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - December 20, 2018
- HIGH SCORING IELTS SPEAKING MODEL ANSWERS WITH AUDIO (BASED ON PAST PAPERS) - October 25, 2018
- IELTS Speaking Actual Tests (Sep – Dec 2019) & Suggested Answers - September 22, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topics in 2019 & Sample Answers - September 11, 2017
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Questions (2013 – 2018) & Model Answers - July 19, 2017
- IELTS Magazine – Week 1 (PDF) - May 20, 2017
- Useful IELTS Reading Websites & Resources for both Academic & General Training Module - April 28, 2017
- IELTS Writing Recent Actual Tests in 2018 & Band 8.0+ Sample Answers (Updating) - February 26, 2017
- IELTS Speaking Lessons - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Vocabulary List for IELTS - January 24, 2017
- 42 Topics for IELTS Speaking Part 1 and Suggested Answers (PDF) - April 14, 2016
- IELTS Target Band 7: How to Maximize Your Score (Ebook) - March 29, 2016
- Ace the IELTS: IELTS General Module – How to Maximize Your Score (3rd edition) - October 10, 2015
- IELTS Part 2 Sample: Describe a time you spent a lot of money on something - September 20, 2019
- Band 8 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Photographs - September 20, 2019
- New IELTS Speaking Part 1 with Band 9 Model Answer – Topic: Rubbish/ Garbage - September 13, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!