Task 1: The chart below shows the annual pay (thousands of US dollars) for doctors and other workers in seven countries in 2004.
- All Useful IELTS Writing Lessons & Websites
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 8th September With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 25th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 18th August With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
- ELTS Writing Task 1 Test On 28th July With Band 8.0-9.0 Sample
Paraphrase: shows>compares; annual>yearly; pay>salary; seven countries> several countries
Summary/Overview paragraph:(1) pay of US doctors higher than in the other countries (2) doctors earned more than other workers
Paragraph 3: doctors: contrast US (highest earnings) and Finland (lowest earnings). France & Switzerland – same salary – higher than Italy, Czech Republic, Germany.
Paragraph 4: other workers: lower pay than doctors. Compare the US and Switzerland (highest), next France and Finland, then Italy, Czech Republic and Germany with the same figure.
The bar chart compares the yearly salary of doctors and other workers in several countries in the year 2004.
Overall, it is clear that the pay of US doctors was much higher than that of doctors in the other countries. In each country, the annual salary of doctors was far higher than that of other workers.
The annual pay of doctors in the US was $120,000, whereas in Finland doctors received a comparatively low yearly salary of $50,000. In France, and Switzerland doctors earned $70,000 per year, compared with around $60,000 annually in Italy, Germany and the Czech Republic.
In contrast, the annual wages of other workers were much lower, at about $45,000 and $40,000 in the US and Switzerland, respectively. Other workers in France earned $30,000, a little more than other workers in Finland, who had an annual salary of $25,000. The lowest annual earnings were for other workers in Italy, Germany and the Czech Republic, at exactly $20,000.
Latest posts by IELTS Material (see all)
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Band 9 Sample – Topic: Describe an important plant in your country - June 8, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for Common IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Music - May 30, 2019
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 in 2019 – Topic: Describe an occasion that you wore formal clothes - May 30, 2019
Main IELTS Pages:
This website is to develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free books, and more. Each section (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading) has a complete collection of lessons to help you improve your IELTS skills.
Subscribe for free IELTS lessons/Books/Tips/Sample Answers/Advice from our IELTS experts. We help millions of IELTS learners maximize their IELTS scores!